The three day event is being organized by the IMGC in collaboration with Laval University (Institute on nutrition and functional foods and STELA Dairy Research Centre, Dairy Farmers of Canada, and the local organizing committee. It The annual symposium is our flagship event that features scientific research related to milk and human health done throughout the world. The symposium draws from the diversity of its memberships to cover the breath of genomics themes that reflect the interest of the Consortium. The goal of the Consortium is to bring together the research and dairy communities to share, translate, and interpret data that are happening within the fields of the “-omics” science.
The themes for this year’s program include:
• Milk and dairy products metagenomes- quality, reproducibility and identity
• Milk and dairy products impacts on health (inflammatory reactions, microbiota, etc.)
• Human milk for populations at risk (diabetic mother, allergy history, etc.)
• Genomic programming and epigenomic reprogramming
• Genomic selection and feeding strategies to control milk composition
• Milk metabolomics
Call for Abstracts (Deadline is April 28, 2017)
Abstracts can be submitted for the following categories:
- Oral Presentation
- Student Travel Award Entry
- Technical Research Poster
• All submissions require a brief description of no more than 600 words.
• All presentations must be in English.
• Save your abstract with the submitting author’s last name before uploading file.
• Have title, authors, and affiliations listed on abstract.
• Clearly indicate what results are of research described/presented, or if a new resource or technology is being discussed indicate that in abstract.
For more information or to submit an abstract Click Here
We have a block of rooms reserved at a rate of $219 CAN/night. To make your reservation please call the hotel directly at 800-463-4390 or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org. Let them know you are with the International Milk Genomics Consortium to receive this special group rate.
The hotel also provides complimentary transportation services to/from Quebec’s Jean-Lesage International Airport, located 7 km (4.4 mi.) away, as well as to the train station and the Ste-Foy bus terminal. Inquire with their reception for availability.
Le Bonne Entente Hotel has a large, 350-space parking lot, including two spaces reserved for electric vehicles. The two 240-volt charging stations are provided to hotel guests for free. Parking fees are $5 per hour to a maximum of $15 per day.
Early Bird Registration– $550.00 USD (if registered by September 1, 2017)
Regular Registration– $650 USD (if registered after September 1, 2017)
Student Rate– $350 (includes poster reception and group dinner)
Special Student Rate– $200 (does NOT include poster reception and group dinner)
Cancellation Policy- A full refund will be given to those who cancel by September 11, 2017 minus a $50 cancellation fee. Those who cancel after that date will not receive a refund.
Registration is not yet available, please check back.
Travel to Québec:
The closest airport is Jean-Lesage International Airport (YQB)
For more information, please see the International Milk Genomics Consortium webpage.