- Confusion at the Yogurt Aisle. Time for Probiotics 101. Story on National Public Radio, Morning Edition News, July 10, 2012.
- Probiotics: Applications in Gastrointestinal Health & Disease
Presented in conjunction with the American College of Gastroenterology’s 72nd Annual Scientific Meeting held October 16, 2007 Program Proceedings (PDF)
Probiotics for GI Health in 2012: Issues and Updates (CME-certified, targeted for primary care physicians). Free.
Probiotic documentary, sponsored in part by CDRF, is now available on DVD.“Microwarriors. The Power of Probiotics” is the most comprehensive and up-to-date film ever produced on probiotics and their contribution to overall health and well-being. See www.microwarriorsmovie.com.
Video from Council for Agricultural Science and Technology (CAST) examining probiotics launched today. Sponsored in part by CDRF, “Germs with a Positive Attitude” features Drs. Todd Klaenhammer and Mary Ellen Sanders. Press release. Video. CAST.
Council for Agricultural Science & Technology
- Sanders M.E., Gibson G.R., Gill H. and Guarner F. 2007. Probiotics in food: their potential to impact human health. Council for Agricultural Science and Technology (CAST), Issue Paper 36, CAST, Ames, Iowa. Open Access reprint.
Dairy Council of California
- Probiotics, Prebiotics & Synbiotics – Evolving Science and Emerging Products
- Probiotics: Friendly Bacteria with a Host of Benefits
- The International Scientific Association for Probiotics and Prebiotics has developed guidelines for consumers to help them know what to look for in probiotic and prebiotic products. Download guidelines here: Probiotic Guidelines, Prebiotic Guidelines. Check out consumer-friendly Infographics on Fermented Foods, Probiotics and Prebiotics.
Gut Microbes for Health Experts Exchange
- Gut Microbes for Health is a medium to share news, innovation and information among experts on the topics of Gut Microbiota for Health. It is an initiative of the European Society for Neurogastroenterology and Motility, the American Gastroenterological Association with the institutional support of Danone Research and Biocodex.
World Gastroenterology Organisation
Probiotic Reference Newsletter
Syndifrais is an association of French manufacturers of fresh dairy products including yoghurts, fermented milks, “fromages frais”, fresh dairy desserts and creams. Within the association, the Scientific Committee of Syndifrais investigates the nutritional value and benefits of yoghurt as well as other fresh dairy products. This Committee gathers research from the public and private sectors and solicits reviews and comment from renowned experts in the field which are published in the Probiotic Reference Newslettter (formerly the “Syndifrais Scientific Letter”)
For further information, contact email@example.com.
Global Organizations Related to Probiotics
International Dairy Federation – Probiotic Task Force
Lactobacillus Reference Centre, Tucuman, Argentina
European Scientific League for Probiotics – initiative to develop product logo to identify scientifically validated products